Sunday, January 25, 2015

An Introduction to This Blog

Hello, my dear readers!

I'm Meaghan, but I mostly go by Birdie online.  (Hence, the title of this blog.)  I'm a college student who's studying to become a high school English teacher.  One of the classes I'm taking is a Young Adult Literature class, and it's the reason I'm actually starting this blog.  I do intend to upkeep the blog even after the semester is over, though.

The things you will find on the blog as things progress will be related to what I'm reading and learning.  I haven't read a whole lot up to this point, so it's refreshing to have a class that not only forces me to read again, but that is having me read what my potential students are reading.  I'll be posting insights I take away from class discussions, reflections of papers and projects I'm writing for class, and reviews of books I'm reading.  If there are book spoilers in my reviews, I'll let you know at the beginning of the post so you can scroll past without having things ruined for you.

I would love for this blog to become a place for discussions as well, so please feel free to comment or contribute to anything written here. :)

Welcome aboard!

Meaghan

No comments:

Post a Comment